Healthy, Tasty, Affordable Latin Cooking
Tasty Lemon and Herb Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. GOYA Lemon Juice
2 tsp. freshly chopped cilantro
2 tsp. GOYA Minced Garlic
or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp. GOYA Oregano Leaf
1 packet Sazon GOYA Natural and Complete
1/2 tsp. GOYA Adobo Light All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
1/2 tsp. GOYA Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, about 2 lbs. (remove skin before eating)
- In bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, oregano, Sazon Natural and Complete, Adobo Light, cumin and red pepper flakes; transfer to large zip-top bag. Add chicken, turn to coat completely. Transfer to refriderator; marinate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours for best results. Bring chicken to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking, discard marinade.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken skin-side up on foil-lined baking tray. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked-through (internal temperature will register 165 degrees F on a quick-read thermometer when inserted into thickest part of meat without touching the bone), about 25 minutes. Remove and discard bone and skin before eating.
Serving Size: About 1 chicken breast half (220 calories)
6g Fat (1g Saturated, 0g Trans): 115mg Cholesterol;
0g Carbohydrate; 0g Sugar; 39g Protein; 0g Fiber;
Black Bean Quesadillas
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 servings
3/4 cup GOYA Pico de Gallo
1 can (15.5 oz.) GOYA Low Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
4 8″ GOYA Flour Tortillas
1/2 tsp. GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Using a small-hole strainer, drain liquid from Pico de Gallo; discard liquid. Transfer leftover tomato mixture to medium bowl. Mix in black beans, cheese and cilantro until combined.
- Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about 1/2 cup each). Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Place filled tortillas on griddle. Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are golden brown and crisp and cheese filling melts, about 5 minutes. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
Serving Size: 1/2 quesadilla (170 calories)
5g Fat (2.5g Saturated , 0g Trans); 10mg Cholesterol;
21g Carbohydrate; 0g Sugar; 9g Protein; 4g Fiber
These two recipes were taken from “The Best of La Cocina GOYA” where they feature Nutritions meals, easy recipes and quick tips from Mexico, Spain, Argentina and beyond!